Maier Tree & Lawn provides green retention and plant healthcare services in Rochester, MN and the surrounding communities
April is Stress Awareness Month. In the greater Med City region, which includes Rochester, Minnesota, and surrounding southeastern Minnesota communities, health is a big focus thanks to the area being home to a world renowned medical center. Part of a community’s health and wellness is defined by its surroundings. A well maintained space is a happy and healthy one and contributes to a sense of wellbeing. Maier Tree and Lawn provides plant healthcare, lawn care, and tree care services in Rochester, MN and surrounding areas. Outdoor spaces that are well manicured and free of debris create a sense of calm and care within communities. According to the University of Washington’s Urban Forestry and Urban Greening Research, “More than 100 studies have shown that relaxation and stress reduction are significant benefits associated with spending time in green areas. Keeping your lawn happy and healthy starts with understanding what inflict stress upon it, such as heat, dry weather, weeds, bugs, and foot traffic. Here are some easy to follow tips to help you lawn live and thrive as stress-free as possible:
- Before summer’s heat is on, fertilize the lawn to help keep your lawn calm, lush and green.
- Water your lawn in the morning instead of midday or evening.
- Make sure your mower blade is sharp. Dull mower blades can shred and stress grass.
- Keep foot traffic to a minimum on dry grass. When grass is dewy, it springs back. When grass is dry, it does not.
- Once a lawn is stressed, do not overstress it in an attempt to revive it – aerating and excessive mowing will not bring a lawn back from dry and damaged to lush and green.
Need help keeping your lawn as stress-free as possible but don't know how to start? Please give us a call! One of our certified technicians will gladly come to your home, determine what your lawn needs, and explain the professional tree care and lawn care services we provide! In the Rochester, MN area, call at 507-286-8733. In the Winona, MN area, you can reach us at 507-454-7000. Contact Maier Tree & Lawn today!