Maier Tree & Lawn offers a number of different national, state, and local resources for tree services. These resources include accreditation and certification standards, along with links to the Davey Tree Expert Company. These resources can be used to aid you in your research and ensure you find the best provider for your landscaping and tree care needs.
- The International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) -ISA promotes the knowledge and understanding of trees, the different types of trees, what trees can do for your yard’s ecosystem, and the benefits of trees.
- Tree Care Industry Association (TCIA)-The TCIA develops safety and education programs for businesses and individuals to learn about the care and upkeep of trees. TCIA provides accreditation to businesses to ensure the very best service is provided.
- American Forests
- The Davey Tree Expert Company
- National Arbor Day Foundation
- TreeLink Website
- USDA Forest Service – Urban Forestry Program
- Center for Urban Forest Research
- Tales from Urban Forests
Each of these organizations can give you the information and help you need to find the right services.
The following state resources can help you find the information you need for your part of the state. With the tremendous variability and swings in Minnesota’s weather, finding the right trees, plants, and landscaping for your project can be a difficult task.
- The Minnesota Society of Arboriculture
- The Minnesota Landscape Arboretum
- The Minnesota Shade Tree Advisory Committee
- Minnesota Community Forestry Program
- Minnesota Nursery and Landscape Association
- Minnesota Tree Care Advisors Program
- Tree Trust
- University of Minnesota Forest Resources Extension
- Emerald Ash Borer (EAB) – MN Dept. of Agriculture
These local resources will give you a great place to turn in Rochester, MN for help with your tree and landscaping care.
- RNeighbors- NeighborWoods is a partnership between public and private organizations in the Rochester, MN area. This group works to improve the urban forest in our city. They specifically focus on boulevard trees, which grow on the right-of-way of a city street.
- City of Rochester Parks and Recreation- The Parks Department's Forestry Division provides information about ordinances, permits, volunteering, and tree ID information for residents around the area.